Motor Vehicle Accident Indemnification Corporation and its affiliates and related entities (collectively, “Company”) are committed to protecting the privacy of certain data that is collected from you and that you submit when you access this web site or web sites under our operation and control (collectively, the “Site”). We recognize the sensitive nature of much of the information with which we are entrusted on a daily basis, and we are committed to the highest standards of privacy. The nature of our business causes us to gather information that is of a personal nature, whether it be medical, financial or other information that you wish to keep protected. The following statement summarizes our policies for the gathering, use, maintenance and protection of private information. The examples given are intended to be for illustrative purposes only, and therefore, should not be considered a complete representation of our practices.
Information Collected. As you are probably aware, the Site is maintained primarily to enable eligible persons to submit claims to the Company to recover for bodily injury damages and no fault benefits to “qualified” victims of motor vehicle accidents caused by uninsured motorists. Thus, in the course of review and paying claims, we may collect information from a variety of sources. We collect this information in order to carry out our business functions and provide the highest quality of service to you. Most of our information comes directly from you, such as when you forward to us information, photographs, videos and other data, files and/or correspondence. For example, you might send us a medical bill or police report. You also provide information about yourself in connection with an application for employment.
In addition to claims related data, the Company may compile statistical information concerning the usage of the Site. This information allows the Company to monitor its utilization and continuously improve its quality. Examples of this information would include, but not be limited to, the number of visitors to the Site, or to sections or pages within the Site, patterns of traffic flowing through the Site, length of time spent on the Site, or in sections or pages of the Site, the other sites that refer visitors to the Site, the pages of the Site that visitors frequently use as entry and exit points, utilization of the browser and operating systems and versions used by visitors to the Site, etc.
In order to compile this information, the Company may collect and store your IP address, your operating system version, your browser version, the pages you visit within the Site, the length of time you spend on pages within the Site, the site from which you linked to ours, search terms you used in search engines which resulted in you linking to the Site, etc. While all of this information can be associated with the IP address your computer had while you visited the Site, it will not be associated with you as an individual, or associated with any other information you may submit through the Site, or that Company may store about you for any other purposes. Because such non-personal information does not identify who you are, we do not limit the ways we may use or share non-personal information. For example, we may share non-personal information with our affiliates, suppliers, employees and agents, other businesses, and the government.
The Company may use web site “cookies” in the process of compiling the statistical information mentioned above and to tailor certain pages of the Site for your browsing convenience. You have the option of setting your browser to reject cookies, but our Site may not function correctly if you do. Refer to the Help feature of your browser for information on disabling cookies.
The Company generally does not require certain personal information to obtain access to any area of the Site, such as Social Security numbers. However, if you decide to provide personal information to the Company, the Company will not sell, license or transmit that information to third parties, except as required or permitted by law. For example, if the company enters into bankruptcy, it may need to transfer personal information and other information related to claims received and processed to another company as part of the resolution of the bankruptcy.
We may use personal information for a number of purposes such as:
- To respond to an e-mail or particular request from you.
- To personalize the website for you.
- To process an application as requested by you.
- To comply with applicable laws, regulations, and legal process.
- To protect someone's health, safety, or welfare.
- To keep a record of our transactions and communications.
- As otherwise necessary or useful for us to conduct our business, so long as such use is permitted by law.
- We share and give access to personal information to our employees and agents in the course of operating our businesses. For example, if you sent us an e-mail asking a question, we would provide your e-mail address to one of our employees or agents, along with your question, in order for that person to reply to your e-mail. We may share personal information with other affiliates or business units within the Company.
- We may share and give access to personal information with other companies that we hire to perform services on our behalf or collaborate with. For example, we may hire an outside company to help us send and manage e-mail, and in that case we might provide the outside company with your e-mail address and certain other information in order for them to send you an e-mail message on our behalf. Similarly, we may hire outside companies to host or operate some of our websites and related computers and software applications.
- We may share personal information if all or part of the Company is sold, merged, dissolved, acquired, or in a similar transaction.
- We may share personal information in response to a court order, subpoena, search warrant, law or regulation. We may cooperate with law enforcement authorities in investigating and prosecuting website visitors who violate our rules, or engage in behavior that is harmful to other visitors, or is illegal.
You understand and specifically agree that we may use personal information to contact you through any contact information you provide through this website, including any email address, telephone number, cell phone number, text message number, or fax number.
Safeguarding of Information. We employ numerous practices to protect against the unauthorized use and disclosure of personal information for purposes unrelated to the performance of our business functions or to individuals other than those who must use it in the course of their work activities. These practices include the use of password protection of computer files, e-mail and voice-mail, video surveillance, and other physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards. Of course, no set of safeguards is 100% secure. This means that, for example, despite our best efforts, an unauthorized access or acquisition of your information could occur. In that case, we will do our best to mitigate harm to you and, where appropriate notify you of the incident.
* * *
4833-1868-0845, v. 1